Thursday, April 23, 2015

family reunion (^_^)






Last April 18,2015 at E.Yasay Beach, Opol, Misamis Oriental we celebrated the 1st grand reunion of my father's family. Hehehe and as always, I was feeling "floating" due to lack of sleep. Hahas You see, I jumped off from gensan at 7:20pm  friday night (it was the last trip to Davao and good thing my boyfriend was with me because if not for him I may not have made it because of the number of passengers who are also bound for Davao city). Subsequently, I arrived at davao at around 11pm where the last trip bound for Cagayan de Oro was almost full which is why my seat is at the backmost portion aka the make-my-head-dizzy seats portion of the bus (but I am glad though that I catched up with it otherwise I'll be stuck at the terminal until 3am (^-^) hehehe). I finally arrived home at around 9:45am. As such, it is not surprising to have the floating feeling, the black eyebags and of the big yawns every now and then.



At the reunion, I was shocked by our number. I thought there were only a few of us but I was wrong. I have a lot of relatives and the kids way back then are now grown ups (literally taller than me hehe) and they even have started their own family. I also met my uncles and aunties together with their sons and daughters, in-laws and grandchildren (for the 1st time) who are based from Butuan. And because of our number, E.Yasay beach resort became exclusively for us :)





me & my sis

We also have our own customized shirts for the event..hehehe..the aqua blue shirts have our own name printed on it. A brilliant way don't you think to identify each of us without the need of name tags. Plus the names on the shirts clearly states who owns it and when laundered together, it will not get mixed up.






fooooooodss

The food were a plenty and soooo yummy. Each family contributed either financially or foodfully hahas you know what I mean. And as always,  the lechon babz and chicken are present together with spaghetti, lumpia and other food stuffs. And for dessert, salad and bico. hehehe I think every one had BH or bring home food ;)








let's dance dance dance
Hmm..the reunion really was a blast. There were presentations from each family and there were lots of games for the old and the young. I especially like the biko eating contest, beer drinking contest (using a straw) and longest line where ALMOST every one are down to their underwears (the kids were stripped naked hehehe). The "bring me" game was also fun. And the attendance raffle is sooo thumbs up because everyone got a prize.






But what I love the most is the bonding and catching-up part of the family. The eternity of the familial bond that connects everyone is alive. The blood that runs through our veins that no matter how many generations may pass and no matter where we are in the world, is the same in a dynamic kind of way. The genes that were passed to us by our forefathers make us similar yet different. And I can say that the theme/caption of the family reunion really embodied that.



my family (insert brother here)


"Family is like the branches of the tree, we may grow into different directions yet our roots remain as one"









And, I really really really hope there will be another reunion next year and every year after that ;)




opol, misamis oriental sunset beach







No comments:

Post a Comment