Monday, April 20, 2015

pinakalit na laag sa malinao, kalilangan, bukidnon

9:05PM 04-01-2015 (holy wednesday)



 I was cross stitching and thinking what to do with the long weekend. Then, I thought, what if I spend the holy week at my bestest best friend forever(bbff)'s house in Malinao, Kalilangan, Bukidnon since I basically had nothing to do but sleep,eat,watch tv/anime/muvee, repeat. And so, I instantly texted her. However, her reply came at 7 the following morning. I computed the travel time from general santos to davao (3-4hours), davao to maramag (3-4 hours), maramag to kalilangan (1-2 hours) and kalilangan to malinao (roughly 30 minutes). So bottomline, it will be dark when I arrived. Plus, the last trip from maramag to kalilangan is unknown and I really do not want to travel by van since I do not feel secured with its safety measures. And, because I will be travelling alone to a place I have never been before, I told her that I will travel to their place on Black Saturday  since bus operations are suspended on Good Friday.

Holy Thursday and Good Friday passed by and finally Black Saturday came. And as early as 4AM, I was already awake, alive and enthusiastic (char) hehehe. Just kidding, I almost backed-out actually because 4AM was still really dark and the streets are lonely. Only a few people and tricycles are passing by. But, thinking of the disappointed faces of my bbff and her parents as well as my officemate (who I also texted since she went home to Kalilangan for the Holy week),  I decided to push through and just prayed to God to cover me with his mantle of protection and to keep me and my fellow passengers safe from harm.


On the way to davao, a kid who was sitting at the back of my chair, became "sea sick" and vomitted on my seatmate and me (imagine the horror on my face). I blurted "EEEEEEW" and almost vomitted myself because of the smell. I immediately washed the vomit with alcohol but still the smell remained and so I decided to remove my jacket even though it was very cold. Good thing though, davao was only over an hour away. But during the remainder of that bus trip, I got "chicken-skinned" and prayed more that the bus be magically transported to my destination.


I arrived at Davao terminal just in time to catch the bus bound for Maramag. The trip was ok, no vomitting kids (whew!) and although I had no jacket, I did not feel cold because of the shining sun. However, I felt numbed in my hands and almost fainted because of hunger. You see, since I was hospitalized 2 years ago because of gastritis, my stomach has never been the same. Which is why skipping meals is a no-no. And when the bus driver finally stopped for lunch, I immediately went out, fell in line at the karenderia and order bulalo/nilagang baka or something with hot sabaw. Unfortunately, that food is for the driver only (ooow). So, I chose humba instead and thank God that my stomach did not rebel.

When I arrived at Maramag terminal, I texted my bbff what bus to ride since what was available at that time was a bus to Kibawe or a bus to Wa-O. She told me to ride the Wa-O bus and to just tell the bus driver/conductor that my stop is Kalilangan. This is a new place to travel for me so my eyes were wide open looking and enjoying the passing scenery. And what a view it is, there are vast fields of either rice, pineapple or sugar cane, several canopies of trees (forming an arch on the road), clear skies with passing clouds of different shapes and sizes. Unfortunately, I was unable to take pictures because i get dizzy everytime I try.

I finally arrived and my bbff together with her mom, met me at the bus terminal. After that, we had lunch and then we rode their multicab to get to Malinao. On the way there, more views greeted me albeit the nasty road. Still, the ride was fun.
brgy.malinao photo by lanipang :)

We arrived at Brgy. Malinao. And my first impression is that it is really a place for some R&R.  You can really breathe in the fresh air unlike that of the city. And you can also feel the calmness of the place. Added to that, it has this rustic look with its trees, hills, roads and the over all feel of the place. There are also a lot of fruits trees and my bbff's parents made me bring a lot for pasalubong.

Hehehe.. ;)













PS: On the way back to General Santos City, we made a side trip to Overview, Bukidnon










No comments:

Post a Comment